Saturday, November 24, 2012
The biggest problem that I ran into (and this stalled the project for quite some time) was that I ran out of the gray/black backround fabric. I must have checked in all the quilt shops within 100 mile radius and no luck! And an online search brought up nothing! That's why you see the edges in orange matchy flowers because I really wanted this to be a usable size quilt. (still working out how to take pictures!)
Finished product turned out to be a 50 x 60, completely hand stitched, hand quilted throw for our couch just in time for the cold weather!
Thursday, November 22, 2012
These were fun to put together and real easy (which is great for this newbie seamstress!) The hardest part was deciding how to quilt them as I was running out of time. I went with a simple box pattern, just enough so that they hold up (hopefully!).
The other greatness about making these....quick gratification!! Which I needed just about now!
Happy Turkey Day!
Thursday, November 1, 2012
Here is my latest project, finished! And just in time for the shower! This was specially made for my friends' newest edition to her girls team. With help from my favorite local quilt shop (couldn't decide on pattern).
This was fun and easy to piece then hand quilted with butterflies and flowers.