Monday, April 14, 2014

Dresden plate as requested

      I have just finished my first dresden plate quilt! I was very nervous to start this, I thought these were super crazy difficult. I found out that I actually had fun cut and sewing all the dresden blocks together and they went together fairly well for the blocks. My oldest daughter requested a Dresden plate quilt with an ocean feel.

     What I did have difficulty with was placing the blocks together so that all my dresdens matched up correctly. No one told me there was to be more math than usual involved!! A hint if you've never done this, (1) if the pattern calls for seams to be 1/4in make it a scant 1/4in seam and (2) make sure all of your beginning and ending points are the same distance from the top of your square. Again, my seam ripper was my best friend!


  The pattern is called "Triple Deck" from the book
Thoroughly Modern Dresden by Anelie Belden. I purchased this book last year and very happy to say I finally finished my first project from it and am excited to start another! 

Coming soon.....a finished quilt block for the raffle quilt.



BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Oh I know about the sew ripper....:)

You really did a great job on your Dresden. I'll have to check out that book.

Acorn to Oak said...

It's beautiful! I love the blues and the striped edge.

Regina Rose said...

Thank you BillieBee! I was so afraid of ripping out stitches for the longest time, I really had to get used to it! I have made so many mistakes I learned it wasn't going to ruin what I was working on.

Regina Rose said...

Thanks Cheryl! Now I just need to quilt it! I want to make pillow cases for her too hopefully before she moves out!

Zenia @ A Quilted Passion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.