Monday, December 31, 2012

Feeling Blue after Christmas

Soo Blue, now that Christmas is through...
        Not really, relief that we are through the holidays and life can get back t0
            normal, well, sort of. I am excited about this new year and the changes it brings. As of the start of the New Year I will be in a new position at work, working normal hours. That will leave me not so exhausted all the time! Plus, it's less hours so that gives me more free time, yeah!!!

Here is my blue bubbles quilt top. I appliqued each bubble on by hand. I still need to "sandwich" and quilt it, but that's where I am having trouble. I am not sure how I want this quilted, any ideas? I was thinking of sashiko in the bubbles but as I haven't actually done any sashiko yet, I am a little nervous. I am getting friendlier with my seam ripper but it still breaks my heart to pull it out for fear of wrecking my quilt top!
I was also thinking about appliquing underwater critters in the bubbles, but I thought that might look strange.






And I won't touch it until I know exactly what to do! So I sit and stare at it and watch the rain come down....sooo blue...
Any ideas?